Friday, September 3, 2010

My Brother Called Me A Flaming Liberal

If you doubt me, check out his blog at http://www.toomanymornings.com/ and read the comments section on his recent article about grammar.

Well, he can call me names, but you know what? Mike was adopted. You know how I know? Mom and dad told me way early in our lives and said he came from The Humane Society. It's true. We could never go into airports when we were young because of the "no pets allowed" sign.

Mike was adopted. We love him, but he was dumped by his meth addict owners during a SWAT team raid on the family he lived with originally. The owners of my brother had no teeth left, were quite emaciated and could not care for him.

We tried to get Mike therapy but my parents were small business owners and had no insurance for such intensive care. Flaming liberal, my ass. Excuse me, I have to go to a Sierra Club meeting now. Peace To All! -Alison Whiteman

9 comments:

Linda Medrano said...

Alison, Honey, this explains a lot. Your brother (like my dog Harry) is easy to love, but hard to place in just the right home. Just assure everybody he's had all his shots.

Tacoma Gawker said...

ROTFLMAO! Well, my own brother is a flaming liberal so it is a lot like the kettle calling the pot black.

Linda Medrano said...

Of course he's a flaming liberal, Alison. So is my dog Harry. (Harry, we suspect, is a gay blade if you catch my drift and I'm sure you do.) Now don't get me wrong, in that way I do not think he and Darling Michael are cut from the same cloth. But Harry is, shall we say, special, much as I suspect your brother is too!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

If I'd really wanted to offend you, I would've called you the "female Glen Beck" or "Bill O'Reilly in heels." Not that you ever wear heels. Four six-packs before noon just leaves you too unstable for them when you head to the liquor store in the afternoon for a refill.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I am not special, Linda. I'm as ordinary as the day is long.

Linda Medrano said...

Alison, has Michael always pouted like he does now? I

Tacoma Gawker said...

Michael did not offend me. I like being called a flaming anything. LOL Mike doesn't pout- he has a wicked sense of humor.

Tacoma Gawker said...

What about me? Am I special? ROTFLMAO!

Linda Medrano said...

Of course, you are special, Little Sister!