Friday, September 3, 2010

People Just Continually Shock Me

After nearly forty-five years on the planet and many trips through newsrooms I don't know why I am still shocked by the behavior of other human beings.

I even taught school and am still shocked by the behavior of other human beings.
I have had my car totalled twice by negligent drivers, one of them drunk and I am still shocked that drunk driving still exists.

I have been stalked by a DSHS colleague and even though that entire office turned their backs on me and let the abuse continue I am still shocked. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission dinged them pretty hard on that one.

I am still shocked a public official, Jeannie Darnielle, did nothing to assist me even though I was being stalked by that DSHS employee. She did nothing to assist me. Nothing at all. Now she is going to be reelected. My stalker employed five aliases among other things. She is going to get reelected. Why?

People still shock me. I guess this is a good thing because it means I have not given up. I still see the light in others. I still believe people are doing the best they can. This little light of mine, I am indeed going to let it shine. -Alison Whiteman

2 comments:

Linda Medrano said...

I think being shocked by bad behavior is a good thing! It does show a little bit of innocence but how can that be bad?

Tacoma Gawker said...

I am like the lamb that is for sale on Guemes Island. The only thing is this: I took the sign off the corkboard alerting people to the sale of the lamb. The deal is this though, as my boyfriend pointed out: the lamb has already been slaughtered. LOL Is this a metaphor for my entire life?