Monday, July 11, 2011

Things My Dad Said To Me That He May Not Think I Remember

"Girl, I took Logic too and did not understand it. Now, stop throwing that book around and just go out and get a "B" in that class like I did." Well, that is exactly what I did. Didn't understand much about this class at all.

"Girl, you can always come home. But you cannot reproduce and come home." I took that one seriously. I have never done that.

"Girl, do not run from police officers. Ever." Well, I learned that one the hard way. I wasn't even in trouble either. I just started hauling on account of Mr. Officer appearing kind of big and scary.

"Girl, just wait until you find out how hard it is out there. Then you won't pick on me so much." I went out there. I did find out. I don't pick on my dad anymore.

"Girl, you really can't date men that still live at home." Learned that one the hard way once. Once was enough, thank God.

"Girl, I just don't know what to say about you challenging Homeland Security over a probable act of terrorism." Okay, I made that comment up. However, I did challenge them and broke the line of lies right here in Tacoma only to ask an official if it was such a threat, how come he wasn't wearing a hazmat suit? Suffice it to say, I am lucky he didn't kick my ass flat onto the ground.

After that, I was high fiving the peeps all around the non-scene scene who are onto The Man and his scare tactics just so we keep increasing military funding. -Alison Whiteman, self professed anti-war hippie.

No comments: