Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Troy Davis Set For Execution Based On Circumstantial Evidence

Troy Davis Case Appeal

Please call the Gov. of Georgia to demand a stay of exeuction as Mr. Davis is set for lethal injection at midnight tonight.

The number I have tried is busy, of course, and I already called The White House comment line and spoke to an asistant. Even the FBI does not support this execution and leaders around the world are watching our nation with disdain.

It is not likely he is guilty and he should have a chance at another appeal. I will provide two numbers here. The Georgia Gov's office is: 404-656-1776. The White House is: 202-456-1111.

2 comments:

Linda Medrano said...

I think the death penalty is wrong in all cases. They have physical evidence on this guy, it's not all circumstantial evidence. I think he is probably guilty but I disapprove of killing him.

Scott Peterson was convicted of killing his wife and unborn child. They have no eye witnesses, no physical evidence, yet he is on death row. I think he probably did it too.

Tacoma Gawker said...

I am entirely against the death penalty. Jay is asleep or I would ask him about what Grisham's exact quote is from his novel "An Innocent Man." I should remember it since Jay says it so often. Oh well.