Friday, October 21, 2011

One Lawyer For Approximately Every 250 Residents Of The USA



How Many Lawyers 2 Tile Coaster
A lawyer was surprised this year when I informed him the Americans With Disabilities Act and the subsequent battles since the 1990s
is a civil rights movment. Another lawyer asked me what PTSD is. She is a family lawyer. Oh great. A family lawyer with no background in psychology. We need nurses, doctors, teachers, social workers, engineers, high tech workers, construction workers, and people who can actually do stuff. I don't think I am alone in feeling that lawyers have become quite useless. And considering how many of them are unemployed, perhaps they ought to consider a real job.
 

4 comments:

Jordan K. Foster said...

From your local non-psychologist lawyer: "Okay, so tell me how you really feel about lawyers? But wait... let me start my cash machine... I mean timer." :)

Tacoma Gawker said...

LOL! I don't think many lawyers make that much money anymore. It's supply and demand. There are too many of you.

Jordan K. Foster said...

I hear you, so go ahead and discourage others from becoming lawyers.

Tacoma Gawker said...

Yes, for you I will. There are a few lawyers I actually like but in general no one really wants to have a lawyer around if they don't have to have one. Right? (smirk)